Autofiction: Between Life and Art
- Date: –20:30
- Location: The English Bookshop, Svartbäcksgatan 19, Uppsala
- Lecturer: Prof. Dr. Martina Wagner-Egelhaaf, Dr. Alexandra Effe and Professor Emma Clery
- Organiser: The Department of English in collaboration with The English Bookshop.
- Contact person: Emma Clery
From Karl Ove Knausgård to Rachel Cusk, authors who mix autobiography and fiction have taken the literary scene by storm in recent years. But is the practice new? Three specialists on autofiction will each choose a work to discuss, in order to illuminate the history, breadth and allure of the autofictional.
- Ruth Ozeki, A Tale for the Time Being (Penguin, 2013).
- Saša Stanišić, Where You Come From (Jonathan Cape, 2021).
- Mary Wollstonecraft, ‘Mary’ and ‘The Wrongs of Woman’ (Oxford World’s Classics, 2009).
Book your ticket at the bookshop or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See attached document for more information. See also the English Bookshop's Facebook page.