- New doctoral thesis - Sindija Franzetti: Epistolarity in a Post-Letter World: Five Contemporary American Case Studies 2021-02-02
- New book - Sofia Ahlberg: Teaching Literature in Times of Crisis 2021-01-05
- Information Regarding Spring Term 2021 2020-12-01
- Important information about the autumn term schedule 2020-07-28
- New doctoral thesis: Elisabeth Lutteman - Singing, Acting, and Interacting in Early Modern English Drama 2020-05-20
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
Time to apply
Apply for courses and programmes by 15 April!
Our Courses and Subjects
The department offers courses in English, American Studies and Celtic Studies. Three terms of English (A1-C1) may constitute a major in a Bachelor's Degree. We also offer a wide array of second-cycle courses.
We offer a BA programme in Global English Studies and an MA programme in English. The dapartment also participates in the university's teacher training programmes.
Conrad First is an open-access archive of the 200+ serials which first published the work of Joseph Conrad. Created by Stephen Donovan, it is sponsored by the Department of English, Uppsala University.
Now you can read Conrad the way his first audiences did, in the pages of newspapers and magazines alongside the latest news, feature articles, editorials, short stories, photographs, illustrations, competitions, weather forecasts, sporting results, financial reports, cartoons, and advertisements.