- New book - Michael Boyden (ed.): Climate and American Literature 2021-04-14
- New doctoral thesis - Sindija Franzetti: Epistolarity in a Post-Letter World: Five Contemporary American Case Studies 2021-02-02
- New book - Sofia Ahlberg: Teaching Literature in Times of Crisis 2021-01-05
- Information Regarding Spring Term 2021 2020-12-01
- Important information about the autumn term schedule 2020-07-28
Lecture: “Comparing written Indian Englishes with the new Corpus of Regional Indian Newspaper Englishes (CORINNE)”
SINAS Seminar: "The Tiger Cages and the American War in Vietnam"
Guest Lecture by William Haltom: 100 Days with President Biden
Talking American Literature and Culture: The Bagley Wright Lecture Series on Poetry
Symposium: Making Sense of the 2020 Election: Political and Cultural Consequences
Symposium - Literature and investigative journalism
Seminar: “Answering previously unanswerable research questions: Benefits of structural equation modeling for quantitative linguistic analysis”
New seminar coming up - details in the calendar on the left.
Our Courses and Subjects
The department offers courses in English, American Studies and Celtic Studies. Three terms of English (A1-C1) may constitute a major in a Bachelor's Degree. We also offer a wide array of second-cycle courses.
We offer a BA programme in Global English Studies and an MA programme in English. The dapartment also participates in the university's teacher training programmes.
Conrad First is an open-access archive of the 200+ serials which first published the work of Joseph Conrad. Created by Stephen Donovan, it is sponsored by the Department of English, Uppsala University.
Now you can read Conrad the way his first audiences did, in the pages of newspapers and magazines alongside the latest news, feature articles, editorials, short stories, photographs, illustrations, competitions, weather forecasts, sporting results, financial reports, cartoons, and advertisements.