- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
- “Learning from Las Vegas”: Border Aesthetics, Disturbance, and Electronic Disobedience: An Interview with Performance Artist Ricardo Dominguez. 2018
- Migration and Modernity: A Swedish-American Argument. 2017
- Pole Raising and Speech Making: Modalities of Swedish American Summer Celebration. 2016
- Om att skriva svenskamerikansk historia. 2017
- "Very Welcome Home Mr. Swanson": Swedish Americans Encounter Homeland Swedes. 2016
- Transnationalizing Swedish-American Relations: An Introduction to the Special Forum. 2016
- The Transnational Viking: The Role of the Viking in Sweden, the United States, and Swedish America. 2016
- Amerikanska akademiska influenser i Sverige. 2016
- Svenska uppfattningar om USA under två århundraden. 2016
- "Swedish Immigration since 1940". 2013
The Swedish Institute for North American Studies (SINAS) conducts research, offers courses and promotes the study of North America. It is the only institute of its kind in Sweden. Founded in 1985, we are a section within the Department of English and work closely with our colleagues in American literature at the department. We offer a number of courses in American Studies.
We also serve as a resource for the larger community of scholars at Uppsala University interested in North America, and cooperate with scholars in education, the humanities, law, social sciences, and theology.