”Making Sense of the Vietnam War”
- Date: 05 December, 15:15–17:00
- Location: Universtitetshuset, sal IX
- Lecturer: Professor Fredrik Logevall, Harvard University
- Organiser: Arranged by the Swedish Institute for North American Studies (SINAS) & Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice, Uppsala University and the Swedish Association for American Studies (SAAS).
- Contact person: Dag Blanck
Fredrik Logevall is the Laurence D. Belfer Professor of International Affairs at the Kennedy School and Professor of History at Harvard University. He is the author or editor of nine books, including Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America’s Vietnam (2012), the authoritative study of why and how America went to war in Vietnam, which won the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for History. He also served as a consultant for the acclaimed PBS television series The Vietnam War (2017) by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick.